About Avalon Waterways
Beyond the wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows is a world waiting to be explored – your way. Whether you want to enjoy a guided walking tour of one of Europe’s great cities, join a cooking class or paddle a canoe, Avalon Choice℠ selections of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions offer a wide range of possibilities.
When you prefer to explore on your own, Avalon Waterways provide their recommendations, information and gear you need from the new Adventure Centre and AvalonGO Mobile App. When back on board, the flexibility doesnt end, with Flex Dining – where onboard dining dispenses with strict seating times and limited restaurant options. Choose the onboard dining venue that suits your mood – from a breezy al fresco lunch at the Sky Grill to an elegant four-course dinner in the glass-walled dining room.
Last but not least, one we love about Avalon Waterways is the cabin design – if you are booking a balcony cabin, the beds face to the water – why look at a wall with all that scenery floating by.
Day 1: Amsterdam, Holland (Embarkation)
Day 2: Amsterdam
Day 3: Cologne, Germany
Day 4: Rudesheim
Day 5: Mainz, excursion to Heidelberg
Day 6: Strasbourge, France
Day 7: Breisach, excursion to the Black Forest
Day 8: Basel, Switzerland, disembark cruise and join Monograms portion of your cruise/tour. Overnight Lucerne.
Day 9: Lucerne
Day 10: Lake Como
Day 11: Lake Como
Day 12: Lake Como, tour ends
* 7 night river cruise Amsterdam to Basel with Avalon Waterways in a Deluxe Stateroom, Category E
* 4 night Monograms land & rail tour Basel to Lake Como
* All meals onboard your cruise
* Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast, wine, beer or soft drinks with lunch and dinner daily
* Complimentary WiFi throughout the Ship
* Cruise Director, Local Guides and Excursion Driver Gratuities included
* Onboard local entertainment
* Professional Cruise Director & Avalon Adventure Host available as your guide for fitness activities and active excursions