In business since 1893, where they began they sailed north and south along the scenic Norwegian coast connecting 34 key communites year round, Hurtigruten set out on their first expedition to Svalbard in 1896. The principal they live by is that exploring and learning about our beautiful planet should go hand-in-hand. The fleet of modern expedition ships is designed to travel to even the most challenging of destinations while providing a comfortable and stylish setting to absorb the wonders of nature. Ships are small enough to dock at local ports, and all cabins are stylish, and designed for comfort and relaxtion.
Hurtigruten Expeditions cruises feature a group of hand-picked experts who make up the Expedition Team, and they’ll deliver fascinating talks and lead guests on shore landings, kayaking excursions, expedition boat adventures and much more. Science is key to understanding the world, and that’s why some of the team are scientists. If you want to learn more, our teams are available to help use the onboard scientific equipment and will guide you on Citizen Science projects which help ongoing global research.
Committed to sustainable travel and protecting the places visited means guests help pioneer a greener way of cruising. With diverse and unique expedition cruises to 15 global destinations, and stopping at over 230 ports and landing sites from major cities to isolated islands, Hurtigruten help people to unleash their inner explorer.
Those who travel on an expedition cruise with Hurtigruten can expect the unexpected and to be prepared for life-changing experiences!
Itinerary overview (Please contact us for full day to day itinerary)
Day 1: Arrive Vancouver, and make your own way to your hotel for an overnight stay
Day 2: Enjoy a half day coach tour of Vancouver ending at the pier for embarkation.
Day 3-18: Alaska – Inside Passage, bears & Aleutian Islands
Day 19- 22: Crossing the Arctic Circle
Day 23 – 33: The Northwest Passage
Day 34 – 41: Baffin Bay to Greenland and Atlantic Canada
Day 42 – 49: HIstory, seafood and nature – Halifax, Nova Scotia, Maine, Massachusetts
Day 50 – 53: Time at sea to relax
Day 54 – 63: Caribbean vibes and ocean exploration – Miami, Belize, Nicaragua, Panama, Colon
Day 64 – 77: Inca history, Panama Canal, Ecuador, Peru, Chile
Day 78 – 87: Cruising toward Antarctica – Chilean Fjords, the Drake Passage
Day 88 – 91: Frozen Antarctica
Day 92 – 94: 2 days at sea back to South America. Arrival back in Ushuaia, transfer to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires. You may wish to fly home from here, or stay on a few more days (additional cost).
* 1 night Vancouver including breakfast
* City tour of Vancouver,including lunch box, ending at pier for embarkation
* Flight in economy class between Ushuaia and Buenos Aires including transfers ship/airport
* Expedition Cruise
– 92 night Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
– À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
– Complimentary tea and coffee
– Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Due to locations, access may be limited
– Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
– English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
– Range of included activities
* Onboard Activities
– Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
– Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
– Citizen Science programme allows guests to assist with live scientific research
– Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
– Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms and outdoor running track
– Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
* Landing Activities
– Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Antarctica
– Loan of boots, trekking poles and all equipment for activities
– Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
– Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings before landings