About Viking Expedition Cruises
Launching in 2022, you will be able to explore Antarctica, the Arctic and North America’s Great Lakes on board two purpose-built, state-of-the-art expedition ships – Viking Octantis and Viking Polaris.
Viking Expeditions sets a new standard in expeditions, with a number of innovative industry firsts including an in-ship marina, working scientific laboratory, floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the ship and a fleet of sophisticated expedition equipment – at no extra charge.
From the moment you step foot on board, you’ll discover a distinctly Viking experience. Expedition ships feature all the comforts of our award-winning ocean ships – serene Scandinavian design, refined finishes and panoramic views from any spot on the ship. And of course, following in the companies tradition, Viking Expeditions pride themselves on being “the thinking travellers cruise”, with no photography sales, art auctions, no formal nights, no smoking, and no children are permitted under 18.
Day 1: Buenos Aires, Argentina (overnight hotel stay)
Day 2: Charter flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia, Argentina for embarkation
Day 3: Cruise the Drake Passage
Day 4- 10: Explore Antarctica
Day 11: Cruise the Drake Passage
Day 12: Scenic sailing, Cape Horn
Day 13: Ushuaia, Argentina – Disembark and charter flight back to Buenos Aires
* 1 night pre cruise hotel accomodation in Buenos Aires
* Transfer from Buenos Aires hotel to airport
* Return charter flights Buenos Aires – Ushuaia – Buenos Aires
* 12 night expedition cruise Ushuaia return onboard Viking Octantis
* Port Taxes and Government Fees
* Prepaid Cruise Gratuities
* Enrichment lectures and Destination performances
* All meals onboard
* Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
* 24 hour speciality coffees, teas & bottled water
* Free WiFi onboard